Pages

Sabado, Agosto 04, 2012

A Rose, A Ring, and A Promise: Chapter 13


Chapter 13



            Em smirked when she saw Sapphire and Bryce walking back to the bar hand in hand. “So you're sure of your feelings now?” she teased her bestfriend.

            “Huh?” Sapphire asked.

            “You said you wouldn't jump into anything unless you're sure of your feelings,” Em reminded her.

            “Oh that. I didn't jump into anything. We're taking it one step at a time,” Sapphire said and glanced at Bryce who was still holding her hand. “I realized we're worth it.”

            Bryce smiled at her and affectionately kissed her hand.

            “Okay, you two are starting to gross me out,” Em pretended to vomit.

            “Finally!”

            Bryce instantly held her closer when he heard Tristan's voice.

            She had already told him about the race and what Tristan asked as a prize. She had also already told him that Tristan didn't like her the way Bryce was thinking him to be. But he still wasn't convinced.

            “Hey, chill out! I have no intention of taking her away from you, Bryce. Sheesh, I forgot how possesive you become around your girl,” Tristan complained then he turned to Sapphire. “You sure you want to be with him?”

            Sapphire laughed. “Well, he's cute when he's jealous so it's fine.”

            “Cute, huh?” Tristan repeated, amused.

            “Don't you dare call me that!” Bryce said in reaction to the michievous glint in Tristan's eyes.

            “I know, I know. Sapphire's the only one allowed to do that,” Tristan chuckled. “My acting was superb, right?” he said to Sapphire.

            “You didn't fool me.” Sapphire grinned.

            “Acting?” Bryce asked, eyeing Tristan suspiciously.

            “Um...” Sapphire began.


            “Why exactly are you doing this, Tristan? And don't tell me that you like me as a woman because I know that's not true.” Sapphire said.

            She was getting confused at the prize that Tristan asked for winning the race.

            “What if it's the truth?” Tristan said but when Sapphire merely raised an eyebrow, he laughed. “Alright, that's not the reason.”

            “So what's the real reason?”

            “You and Bryce need a push to the right direction so Em, Chris and I decided to help. But then Em called me and told me our plan didn't seem to go where we wanted it to be. She told me it was up to me. And this is the only way I thought of.”

           
            “So you were part of this, dear cousin?” Bryce said to Em menacingly.

            Em shrugged. “It worked, didn't it?”

            “But you still gave me a lot of stress,” Bryce snapped then he remembered something. He turned to Tristan accusingly, “You tried to kiss her.”

            “You were unbelievably hard to crack. I figured that was the only way to make you stop thinking and just feel.”

            “You scared me for a while there, Tristan,” Sapphire said, shaking her head.

            “Sorry,” Tristan grinned sheepishly.

            “You're forgiven. And yes, your theory was right,” Sapphire smiled impishly.

            “What theory?” Bryce asked suspiciously.
           

            Tristan tilted Sapphire's chin and as he drew close to her, he whispered, “Bryce is jealous. My theory will be proven right when he comes here and take you away.”
           

            “Nothing. It's just some silly conversation we had. Don't worry about it,” Sapphire assured Bryce.

            “So now that everything's resolved, can we go back to our rooms? We have to leave early tomorrow, you know.” Em interrupted.

            “Eh? We're going home tomorrow?! But I still want to stay!” Sapphire whined.

            “I'm sorry Sapphire, but we left our companies for too long already,” Bryce reasoned.

            Sapphire pouted. “Then I can just stay awake longer. It's our last night here, after all.”

            “It's 3am, so technically it's already morning. I'm going to sleep,” Em said then walked away.

            “I'll leave you two okay? Boracay girls are waiting for me,” Tristan said with a grin then left.

            Sapphire looked at Bryce pleadingly.

            “I don't know why I'm utterly powerless to that look, Sapphire. But okay, I'll come with you.”

            Sapphire beamed at Bryce then hugged him. “Thank you!”

            “So where do you want to go?” Bryce asked.

            “Let's wait for the sunrise!” Sapphire said.

            “Are you sure? That's still 2 hours away.”

            “It's okay.”

            So they went to the shore and sat on the sand and talked about random things while waiting for the sun to rise.

            Sapphire rested her head on Bryce's shoulder. “I dreamt about this, you know. Us being this close. I never knew it would come true.”

            “I’m sorry I was too cold to you.”

            “You were cold to everyone, Bryce.” Sapphire giggled.

“True,” he confirmed, not bothering to deny that fact.

“But I’m glad that during this trip, I saw letting your guard down, having fun, actually smiling and laughing. It’s as if...”

            It’s as if you've really gotten over her.

            “As if?” Bryce asked on her unfinished question.

            “Nothing. I’m just glad you’re this close to me.”

            Bryce smiled and held her hand.

            For a few more minutes they stayed like that, basking in the comfortable silence, until the sky started to be tinted with vivid colors as the sun rose.

            “It’s finally sunrise, huh?” Bryce commented. Hearing no response from Sapphire, he turned to her, “Sapphire?”

            The only sound that he heard from her was her even breathing. Sapphire has apparently fallen asleep.

            Bryce laughed quietly. And you were the one who wanted to see the sunrise.

            He gazed at the sky one more time before gently carrying Sapphire like a princess.

            And there in the wonderful paradise of Boracay, with the bright sun as their background, he vowed to cherish the girl in his arms, to protect her and to love her like she deserved to be loved.

            “I love you, Sapphire.”

            Sapphire, still fast asleep, unconsciously placed her palm at that spot on his chest where his heart could be felt beating.

            And the promise was sealed.


To be continued~


Note: How is it? Was it too sappy? xD I was getting tired of all the stories where the girl is always the first one who admits to be in love so I made it this way. Too bad, Sapphire didn’t hear Bryce’s confession, though. I’m sorry this update is shorter than most of my update. I thought the length is nice as it is. Besides, I really had no idea how to make it longer. Gomen minna! See you next week, ne? J

2 comments:

Harp Grand ayon kay ...

i liked it the way it is...medyo tinamaan lang ako dun sa "girl is always the first one who admits to be in love"...haha

Saphira ayon kay ...

Bwahahaha. K lang yan VG. Umilag ka nalang next time para di ka tamaan LOL

Mag-post ng isang Komento