Pages

Biyernes, Hunyo 01, 2012

A Playground For Me

Swings?
None.
Slides?
Nah.
See-saw?
Nope!


"Then why the heck do you call it a playground?" you may ask.


Good question. But before I answer that, I want you to think about this first. A playground is a place where kids go to have fun, right? And most likely, they'll be smiling and laughing and having a really great time, right? Well, this place is where I experience that, only in a quieter fashion.


I'm in Tagaytay Museum and Library.


It's really fun here, especially for bookworms like me. But even if you're not much of a reader, you'll enjoy going here because they have really nice pop-up books and plastic models that you can actually play with (just remember to ask permission first and return it where you got it when you're done!).


Unlike school libraries, this library is better because you don't have to be too quiet. In fact, you can talk and laugh in normal tones, as long as you're not too loud as to disturb other people in the place.


It's carpeted so you can sit on the floor but there are also chairs and tables if you'd prefer that. There's also my personal favorite, the carpeted steps in the middle of the room where you can sit or lie down while reading books or surfing the net (they have free wifi too). There are also pillows to sit on if you'd like.


The books are also artistically arranged, providing opportunities for picture taking.


For the more serious stuff, you can go to the third floor where they have encyclopedias and dictionaries and books like that.


On the first floor, there are also huge dinosaur and dinosaur eggs models with explanations on the side. You can take pictures!


It would probably be a long time before I can go back here again when I leave and this is one of the places I would miss. Maybe when I get rich I can make a room like this but till then, I'd treasure this moment where I   found a playground for myself.

Notes: Pictures to follow!

0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento